These are my all time favorite chocolate chip cookie! There are a few things that make them the best.. but the #1 secret is to not overlook the chocolate chip brand, these are the best kind and they truly make this recipe! You'll regret substituting them.. just sayin!
You can take a screenshot of this recipe card below to save it to your phone and zoom in where needed! Or I've typed the recipe out below as well!
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. corn starch
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. butter, melted
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 c. chocolate chips + extra for the top (*Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips make all the difference!)
- In a large bowl sift flour, baking soda, corn starch, and salt
- In your kitchen aid mixer, whisk both sugars and butter until sugar dissolves.
- Then add egg and yolk and combine.
- Then vanilla and combine.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Cover and chill for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, put 3 tbsp balls of dough (I like to use an ice cream scoop, and I don't form perfect balls) onto sheet, and place about 3 chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. They will appear undercooked, but aren't.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
Leave a comment